The MCFN Pillar 4 Education and Awareness committee is calling for letters of interest from individuals interested in sitting on the MCFN Board of Education.
Mission Statement: To develop and maintain a community driven educational process that ensures the achievement of our vision by enabling all students to reach high levels of achievement and to acquire the knowledge, skills and values they need to be successful in their educational journey.
Scope: The members of the Board of Education are responsible to ensure all policies and procedures are being met regarding lifelong learning.
The Board of Education is to be made up of seven (7) appointed seats. Letters of interest are invited for the
1. One (1) Parent Positions; must have children at Ekwaamjigenang Children’s Centre/EarlyON, Lloyd S. King Elementary School, or on our nominal roll and attending a school in Grand Erie District School Board, Brant Haldimand Norfolk District School Board or Steam Academy. 3 Year Term; eff ective March 2019.
2. One (1) Youth between the age of 18-29 years who is a MCFN member and enrolled in secondary or Post-Secondary. 2 year term; eff ective June 2019.
Interested individuals must submit a package comprising of:
• A letter of interest (also indicate the area of representation in which you are interested).
• Two letters of reference from individuals who can refl ect on the applicant’s suitability for the appointment.
• A copy of a recent (within one year) Criminal Reference Check (CPIC) and Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS) or copy of a receipt showing application for CPIC/VSS is in process.
Forward Package to:
Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation
2789 Mississauga Rd
R.R. #6, Hagersville, Ontario N0A 1H0
Re: MCFN Board of Education
Or, by email to: email@example.com
Deadline Date for Submissions: Friday, May 10, 2019 at 4:00 p.m.
MCFN members not meeting above criteria are also encouraged to apply as Pillar 4 Education and Awareness shall appoint an interested MCFN member should they not be successful recruiting a representative as per above.